Are you interested in participating in the work of Newbold Trust? Do you have an interest in living in a community?
Newbold provides an opportunity to contribute to the work of the social enterprise whilst living and working in an intentional community. Newbold Trust offers an opportunity to live and work with like-minded people and partake in daily routines and practises.
All positions offered are residential posts where you have the chance to experience what it’s like to live a more sustainable lifestyle practising social sustainability and live in a more holistic manner. Sharing skills, knowledge and supporting one another.
Job Opportunity - Kitchen Manager
We are currently looking to recruit a new Kitchen Manager.
We are developing our business and we need a person to help us to redesign the work system and how food can be continue to integrate into the work we do with local produce and nurturing positive change. .
The selected candidate will keep an overview of the kitchen organisation and of projects allocated to the kitchen. They will be responsible for making sure all kitchen shifts are staffed on a monthly base with meal plans and direction given to assistant and volunteers. In this role they will be expect to allocate work to Volunteers where necessary and ensure that work is done in time and with consideration of health and safety procedure.
Personal Qualities and Experience required
- Having leadership skills by taking responsibility for the Kitchen department and the people who work in it.
- Proven work experience as a Kitchen Manager, Restaurant Manger or Head Chef, making delicious and nutritious food for small and large numbers of people according to the values of Newbold Trust (organic, vegetarian and vegan food) and being able to deliver the food in a timely fashion.
- Organisational skills for keeping the department organised and safe and showing the authority to the co-workers to keep it that way. Organising not only the departmental responsibilities but also the team responsibilities (meetings, budgeting, rota’s, ordering)
- Taking personal responsibility to extend the own skills through training and education
- Hands-on experience with planning menus and ordering ingredients.
- Knowledge of a wide range of recipes for vegan, vegetarian and gluten free meals or enthusiasm to learn such skills.
- Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and health and safety regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and resolve conflict in a professional manner
- Flexibility to work during evenings and weekends
- Certification from a culinary school or degree in Restaurant Management is a plus
- The Kitchen Manager works 35 hours/week in order to have enough time to manage the department.
Your salary will be £13.200 per annum including food.
Community Service Work and Overtime is not normally paid
Your annual leave entitlement is 6 weeks per year prorata, and this includes all public (bank) holidays. A maximum of two weeks not taken in one year may be carried over to the following year (January or February).
All leave must be agreed in advance, with your manager: one week in advance for leave up to three days, and one month in advance for leave of three or more days. Please be aware that holiday requests of more than three days may not be granted during the peak season for your Department or Area.
Deadline to send applications 20th July 12.00am
Interviews 23 and 24 July. Starting 1st August.